What Personal Information About Users Does Sheltie Rescue Mall Gather?
The information we learn from users helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Sheltie Rescue Mall. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future browsing for you, improving our site, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Sheltie Rescue Mall.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Sheltie Rescue Mall if your computer supports such capabilities.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as your personal shopping cart.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of our coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Sheltie Rescue Mall Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. Thus, for example, Sheltie Rescue Mall does not sell, and will never sell, information about you to external marketers, list brokers, or other third parties without user consent. Nor will we give such information to affiliated businesses or companies that we team up with to provide co-branded or jointly owned offerings unless you choose to take advantage of those offerings, and even then, any sharing of information is limited to information relating to the offering. Further, whenever we deal with user information, we will always comply with applicable laws and regulations in doing so.
What About Third-Party Advertisers?
Our site includes third-party advertising, and some of our advertisers use third-party companies to serve their advertisements that appear on our site.Often, these third-party advertising companies, called "ad networks" or "network advertisers", employ cookie and other technologies to measure the effectiveness of their ads and to show you ads that are more relevant and interesting to you. We do not provide any user information to them, and we do not have access to or control cookies that may be placed by the ad networks. If you would like more information about the ad networks, including information about how to opt-out of their information collection, the National Advertising Initiative offers useful information on its Web site.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
During all transactions that involve your personal information, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and credit card numbers, we work to protect the security of your subscription information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information that you input.
Please remember that it is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Choices and Access Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of such Sheltie Rescue Mall features as our occassional newsletters and notification of special offers.
- You can add or update certain information, such as your e-mail address, by using our My Account pages. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
Sheltie Rescue Mall is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not submit information about yourself to Sheltie Rescue Mall. A parent or legal guardian must be the path through which you access Sheltie Rescue Mall.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions